Sunday, February 2, 2014

Game Day Spicy Snack Crackers


    I have to share this recipe before the soup season ends.   Eating them as a snack is great also, but I really like them for soups, chili and salads! 

     These crackers are easy enough for your kids to make, so get them busy!  Noticing that I kept grabbing for another one as I passed by the bag, I'd say they are a little addicting. I originally made them to dip in my  Beefy Vegetable Soup , but my favorite is in chili, which is great for game day.

      Game Day Spicy Snack Crackers
  • 1 – 1 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
  • 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
  • 2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes( 2 Tbs was warm enough for me)
  • 4 sleeves of Saltine crackers 
1-Now mix all of that together in a bowl and let soak for 5-10 minutes.  Make sure each of the crackers are coated adequately.  
     This is the point where I snatched one to eat, just to see how well they tasted without being baked.  Pretty good like this, just a little messy with the oil dripping from them.
 2-Lay the individual crackers on a baking sheet. (You can lay parchment paper under them if you like.) There will be extra oil left in the bowl, you can pour the rest over the crackers, or if you believe they are coated evenly leave them as they are.
3- Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
4- Let them cool.  I stored my left overs in a baggie on the counter and as I stated previously, I grabbed one each time I walked by.
     Today would be a great day to try them out with the hot and cold dips you are making.  I am having Buffalo Chicken Dip, I'll let you know how the combination turns out!
     Happy Super Bowl Day!

Instagram 
 
tag:

No comments:

Post a Comment