Sunday, April 12, 2015

Book Review: Restless Angel by Sue Stewart-Brown

     So there is this woman, whom I have known for many years, not well, but when I viewed a post on Facebook from her daughter, about a book she had written, my immediate reaction was, "Say what?!!!" "Get out!"  I had to read the entire post to see what was up because I was excited and intrigued by this new knowledge I had.

     We all know her as Sue Stewart-Brown from Cuba, MO.  Grabbing my ipad and clicking on my Kindle app from Amazon.com, I searched Restless Angel in the "books" category and sure as the sun shines there she was with a listing of her very own!

     
Description:
Corrine James is a successful career woman at the point of burn-out. Looking to simplify her life, she starts with a leave of absence to find her focus. Hundreds of miles from home and on a whim she decides to take a job cleaning and cooking for a handsome cowboy and his family. Tyler Drake has seen his share of trouble in his life, but he has carved out a peaceful existence for himself and his "family" on his ranch in Montana. A widower with a son and two old cowboys for help, they are all quite satisfied with their lot in life. Other than the fact that someone has been trying to sabotage Ty's ranch operation, the men appear to only want for a decent meal. Their backgrounds and histories could make for them being at odds with each other, or it could draw them closer than they ever imagined.


     From the first chapter these characters had me enraptured.  Probably because I relate to them, but I know when a book has really gotten my attention because when I'm sitting at baseball practice, aggravated that I have forgotten to bring my ipad because I'm wondering what is going to happen next between Corrine and Ty!  

     Finding myself giggling because I can feel Sue's humor coming out in these characters, I loved that she wrote about what she knew, what she has experienced.  I could sense that she drew some of her story from our little town and loved it.  I believe I was in such awe because I actually know Sue, but had no idea she could write so well. 

Here is my review on Amazon.com:
     Well written with great flow of storyline! Couldn't wait to finish & loved the allure of passion without being a smut book.

     In asking Sue how she chose to write a story like this her response was: As far as what prompted me to write these types of stories, they are the ones I like to read.   I never like the stories where they separate the couple, where they put them with another person for a while (for any reason) or where they write explicit scenes.  (Yeah, I'm one of those old women who never read Fifty Shades of Gray).  I like a happy ending and I can't imagine ever writing something where the couple doesn't end up together at the end of the story. 

     Sue has been writing for thirty years or so, but like all of us, got busy with being a mother/wife and was not able to concentrate on it.  Restless  Angel began over thirteen years ago and finally came to life this year!  

     I want a sequel and in asking Sue if that will become a reality she stated:  Ty and Corrine have been so well accepted that I feel I need to write a couple more that include them. I pray before I write and I know that God has tried to lead me to write something wholesome!   

     I highly recommend this book and I believe it deserves to be read by many.  It should definitely have a higher price tag attached to it.  My only suggestion is that Sue should have hired me to photograph a cover for her I'm sure we could have scrounged up a rugged cowboy from Crawford County to be her Ty!

      For her sequel,
Who would like to volunteer? 




     You can order directly from Amazon.com, paperback or downloadable version. Link Restless Angel  

You can find Sue on Facebook and Twitter if you have any questions for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment