Sunday, April 20, 2014

Deviled Egg Chicks

     I love my deviled eggs and was looking for a different way to make them for this holiday weekend and I found the idea online.

     I don't want to change my filling recipe so I just used the idea and kept my original ingredient list the same.


     Deviled Egg Chicks:
  • 1 dozen hard boiled eggs
  • 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
  • 2 Tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp white sugar
  • 3 Tbsp Miracle Whip
  • 2-3 Chopped sweet pickles or 2 Tbsp pickle relish 
  • 1-baby carrot
  • 3-black olive slices
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
1-Boil the eggs, then cool before peeling(I put 1/4 c. baking soda in my water for easy peeling)

2- Cut off the top 1/4 of the pointed end of the egg and put hard yolk in separate bowl
3-Dice the pickles and add all ingredients to yolks and mash together with a fork(I use pickles because I don't like all of the juice from pickle relish)

4-Cut carrot into small pieces to act as the nose and slice black olives to make the eyes

5-Refill the larger portion of the egg to overflowing and add the small top portion of the egg as the cap.  Add the nose and eyes to the filling.

Walaaaa, you have Chicks!

On a side note:  If you must travel with these eggs, I would recommend slicing off the bottom of the eggs to make an even surface so they will still be standing upright and not laying down taking an early nap before their big debut. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment